If you are looking for a skin bleaching cream then you need to read this. There are a lot of products for bleaching skin out there. Having a choice is good, but it can also be confusing. We are asked a lot of questions about these products, so on this page, we are going to answer those questions.
You can either read this page in its entirety or skim over the questions and read the answers to those questions that are most relevant to you. Our plan is to add to this page as our readers ask us more questions, or as new research and products come to market. This page is set up to be a comprehensive and up to date guide to skin bleaching creams, so please bookmark it and pop back regularly to find out more about using products to lighten your skin.
What is skin bleaching?
Skin bleaching is using products to lighten the skin. It can be used on dark patches and blotches as well as to lighten your complexion.
Do skin-bleaching creams really work?
Bleaching the skin does work. However, to get a good result you have to use a good quality product like Meladerm.
It is important to follow the instructions to the letter. Be careful to buy the genuine product and use it as directed and you will get good results.
Most skin lightening creams work gradually, so you will have to be prepared to use them for several months. Naturally, how long you use them depends on how many shades you want to lighten your skin by.
Where can I get Creams For Skin Bleaching?
Potentially, you can buy skin bleaching creams from a shop or market. However, our advice is to buy online, so you can buy direct from the manufacturer.
Where you buy skin bleaching products is important. You need to buy them from a source that you can trust. Our advice is to buy them direct from the manufacturer whenever possible. That is why the links on this website take you to the manufacturers website.
Taking this approach is the best way to ensure that you are buying a genuine product and not one that contains harsh chemicals that could potentially damage your skin. There are a lot of scammers out there, so you need to be aware of them and be careful about where you buy your skin care products.
Skin lightening creams should not contain bleach. It is not safe to apply household or cleaning bleaches to the skin, so this kind of product should not be included in skin lightening products.
You need to avoid any that do have these ingredients in them. Our advice is to look for products that contain natural skin lighteners rather than ones that contain harsh chemicals. There are a lot of natural ingredients that lighten the skin over time.
Most modern skin lighteners work primarily by reducing the amount of melanin that your body produces. Melanin is what governs how dark your skin is. These products contain no bleaching agents.
Is it safe to use a bleaching cream?
For the most part, it is safe to use skin lightening products. However, you have to bear the following in mind:
[thrive_text_block color=”blue” headline=””]
- Most skin lightening products are classified as cosmetics. They are not drugs, so not all undergo structured human testing before being launched. In some countries, the law does not require this human testing, so some firms do not test their products properly. However, firms such as Civant, who make Meladerm, do test their products on human volunteers. This is one reason we recommend that our readers consider using their products over others.
- If you use products that contain harsh chemicals, you can damage your skin. Avoid products that contain mercury or hydroquinone. Read the ingredients list and find out more about each ingredient before you apply them to your skin. Bear in mind that your skin is the largest organ in the body, so you need to treat it with respect.
- Patch testing is important. We are all different, so you should try any new product on a small area of your skin rather than applying it over your entire body. Apply it as per the instructions to a 1 or 2 cm square of your skin and leave it for 24 hours. If the product causes an adverse effect put it straight in the bin and look for another product that does not produce a allergic reaction in you.
- Applying too much of a product can render what is a perfectly safe product dangerous. It is important to follow the instructions. Resist the temptation to speed things up by applying more products doing so can lead to all kinds of problems and cause irreversible damage to your skin.
- Using skin lightening products in combination with medication can potentially be unsafe. Therefore, our recommendation is that if you are taking medication or suffer from a long-term medical condition you should ask your doctor before using them. This is a very cautious approach because bad interactions between medication and skin lighteners are rare. However, we think it is better to be safe rather than sorry.
Are there any side effects from using a Cream To Bleach Skin?
Most people experience no side effects from skin bleaching products. However, some do. They can get a rash others feel sick or light headed. If you are using a dangerous un-tested product that contains harsh chemicals, it is possible to become quite ill, over time. For example, chemicals like mercury can have an adverse impact on liver and kidney health.
We cannot emphasise enough the importance of buying a good quality skin cream from a legitimate and trusted company and knowing what is in the creams that you use. If you do this and use a patch test, you can avoid side effects.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking medication there may be an increased risk of side effects because of drug interactions. For this reason if you have chronic medical issues or take medication it is very important to double check it is safe to use a skin lightening product. Your doctor will tell you.
You need to check that you can still go in the sun while using the product. Some strong skin treatments can leave you sensitive to sunlight. This means you may have to use a high factor sun cream for life.
In reality, you should be doing this every day. Numerous studies show that applying sun protection is the best way to protect yourself from skin cancer. If you are not prepared to do this, you should not use those skin lighteners that can leave you sensitive to sunlight.
Is the lightening effect of bleaching creams lifelong?
How long the lightening effect of a skin bleaching cream last depends, in part, on what is in the product. Most keep your skin lighter than it would otherwise be. However, if you stop using your lightener, over time, your skin will once again begin to produce melanin. This means it will begin to darken again.
Therefore, in most cases, you will need to use a skin lightener for life. However, that said, usually you will only have to apply it occasionally rather than every day.
How long does it take to lighten skin?
Lightening skin takes time. Ignore any claims that say you can lighten your skin in a few days, a week or a month. These claims are usually not true. You will get some lightening effect over the course of a week, but it will be so subtle that you are unlikely to see the difference.
Any product that lightens your skin very quickly is likely to do so by damaging your skin. It is far more realistic to allow a few months for your skin lightening product to make a real difference and lighten your skin.
Can my doctor prescribe a skin bleaching cream?
There are medical grade skin lighteners available, so you can ask your doctor about getting a prescription. However, in most countries a doctor will only prescribe these creams to deal with dark patches of skin. If you want to use them to lighten your complexion most doctors will not give you a prescription, however they will often give you general advice.
What Is The Best Skin Bleaching Cream For African Americans?
If you want to bleach or lighten your skin, the way to start is with a safe skin bleaching cream for African Americans as well as those with a lighter overall tone. And yes, you can get without going trough a doctor. The best bleaching cream is a proven, natural skin lightening cream like Meladerm. It has been shone to help you get that overall even skin tone and to lighten darkened areas or hyperpigmentation.
It is also very effective with Melasma or brown age spots that you may have. By trying a bleaching cream like this you can save money and the hassle that seeing a dermatologist can be.
I wish you the best of luck & as we said the above are the most commonly asked questions, if you have other questions please feel free to get in touch and we will do our best to answer them for you.